Metalsmiths for Change invites you to create a piece of artwork to stand in solidarity with the Black community! Metalsmiths of all experiences are welcome to join. Send a direct message to @metalsmithsforchange on Instagram BEFORE submitting your work to be included in future auctions. Each participant will be added to a group DM with other artists who will be participating.
1. Create a themed piece to uplift and/or support of the Black community. (This does not apply if you are unable to create personalized artwork or are simply contributing your handmade artwork.)
- Examples of ideas to focus: anti-racism, the end of white supremacy, mass incarceration, voting, mental health, black lives lost, police reform, etc.
- Metalsmiths - It doesn't have to be jewelry. It could be a trinket dish or money clip, for example. Rings are accepted, but keep in mind that it drastically limits who can bid.
- I encourage you to explore your creative freedom.
2. Submit your work.
- Upload SQUARE photos only.
- The description for your piece should be in paragraph form.
- Click here to submit your piece.
- Post about the auctions in your stories and/or feed.
- Click here for auction graphics. (Some graphics may not be available yet.)
4. Monitor your auction from start to finish.
- All auctions start and end at 10am PST.
- If you are unable to keep an eye on it throughout the day, no worries. Just let your auction's DM group know.
- Several times, I will be prompting everyone in the group to comment certain text under your auctions posts to help facilitate the auctions, such as a starting bid amount ($5), correcting bids, reminding bidders what time the auction ends, and announcing a winner.
5. Ship your piece to the winner.
- If you are charging for shipping, you'll send a separate invoice for shipping, preferably through PayPal.
- I recommend insuring your package, especially if shipping Internationally, but it is not required.
- Pieces should be shipped in a reasonable time frame.